- June 8, 2016
- Those roof rails a genuine mini parts. They look fantastic. Also I asked if they would fit on the 2016 clubman and everyone said no you have to buy the $260+ version. I thought I give it a try. They fit fantastic.
- A. Edwards
- January 3, 2017
I own a 2012 MINI Countryman. I was tempted by the less-expensive aftermarket bars, but finally opted for OEM. They are sturdy and, of course, fit perfectly. Installation was pretty easy...except for when the wind ruffled the pages of the instruction booklet when I wasn't looking and I spent several seconds staring at the directions in Norwegian before realizing that I was not suffering from some sort of sudden brain disorder.
I haven't noticed any whistling or odd noises at speed so I guess the spoilers on the front rail and the rubber gap covers are doing their job.
- A. M. White
- February 16, 2013
- The MINI OEM roof rack is the only rack solution available for the Countryman as of the time of this review. That's said, MINI, as usual, hits it out of the ballpark with a rack sturdy enough to be put to work at the Nevada Test Site and sexy enough for after-work R&R at the Chicken Ranch. There are only four hex screws involved in the install, and MINI includes a custom T-handled hex torque wrench that you have to use to secure the rack. The kit also includes a pre-installed lockset so that your hedgefunder neighbor won't steal them in the night. Make sure that you orient the bars according to the sticker on their undersides so that you don't end up with a droning whistle at speed. Nice!
- April 17, 2017
- I ordered for a 2016 Mini Clubman S. These fit perfectly and only took a few minutes to install. Once installed they are rock solid. After doing a little research, I learned they can hold about 500 lbs (226 kg) weight. These are definitely OEM. Shipping was quick, delivered as expected with no problems. I am glad I ordered these here because they would have costed me a lot more money if ordered via the main Mini website.
- Woodland Wife
- June 30, 2017
- This fits our 2011 Countryman S ALL4 perfectly. It gives the car a completely different (rugged) look. Sits plenty high enough not to interfere with the sunroof(s) and was easy to install. Very pleased with this purchase.
- September 29, 2016
- Perfect fit for my 2016 Countryman S All4. Instructions are clear, and it installs quickly and easy. It includes the only tool required, aside from a tape measure for proper positioning.
- May 20, 2018
- SOLID. Easy to install. (Saved time and watched a 2 minute video that came up when I googled it).
- August 28, 2016
Exactly what we expected, easy to install. We attached a basket that we use for camping gear and hauling building supplies. There originally was no whistle, but a year later after we removed the (noisy) basket, there is now an annoying whistle.
The rails are attached in the right orientation. I think it has to do with a gap between the little rubber "fins" that are underneath the rails. Going to try a little caulk.